About Advanced 3D Prints
Terrapin Works' Advanced Fabrication Lab is home to flagship 3D printing services ranging from high-end consumer grade to industrial grade printers. Advanced 3D Prints are offered on a variety of 3D printers with differing materials and fabrication technologies. Technologies available are: FDM, SLA, PolyJet, and Metal 3D printing. Resolutions of printers range from 127 microns to 16 microns.
Who are Advanced 3D Prints for?
We recommend Advanced 3D Prints to anyone who is already familiar with 3D printing and looking for print resolution that is higher than our Basic 3D Printing service, a selection of engineering materials, or specific 3D printing methods.
How to order an Advanced 3D Print
- Have a 3D file of type .stl ready
- Go to our ordering platform Papercut (same link as button below)
- Sign in with DirectoryID and password (the beginning of your terpmail email, but without the @terpmail.umd.edu)
- Look for one of the below listed printers (Ctrl + F helps)
- Hover over the image of the desired printer so that the "Start Order" button appears
- Click "Start Order"
- Fill out the form that pops up
- Click "Submit" in the lower right hand corner
You can pick up your prints in the Advanced Fabricaion Lab (AFL) located at AJC 2123.