About Basic 3D Prints
Terrapin Works Basic 3D Prints are our intro level, large volume, fast turnaround 3D printing services: performed in the MakerBot Innovation Center (insert link to lab page) on our large array of MakerBot 3D printers. All of the printers in the Basic 3D Printing category are FDM (insert link to technology) printers. The layer resolution of the printers in this category is approximately 1.75 mm. All printers here print PLA, some print flexible PLA. Material selection is offered in a wide range of colors!
Who are Basic 3D prints for?
We recommend Basic 3D Prints to anyone working on hobby projects, part prototypes, course deliverables, or new to the 3D printing scene.
How to order a Basic 3D Print
- Have a 3D file of type .stl ready. Thingiverse is a good source of files and inspiration.
- Go to our order platform Papercut (same link as button below)
- Sign in with CAS
- Look for one of the below listed printers (Ctrl + F helps)
- Hover the image of the printer so that the "Start Order" button appears
- Click "Start Order"
- Fill out the form that pops up
- Click "Submit" in the lower right hand corner
You can pick up your prints outside the Advanced Fabricaion Lab (AFL) located at AJC 2123.