Digital Fabrication Equipment
All digital fabrication equipment and products are provided by The University of Maryland on an "as is" basis without warranties or representations of any sort, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
The University of Maryland cannot guarantee confidentiality of designs or specific delivery times.
Digital fabrication equipment can be used only for lawful purposes. No one will be permitted to use digital fabrication equipment to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- In violation of another's intellectual property rights. For example, using equipment to replicate someone else’s designs or articles of manufacture may infringe the copyright or patent in those materials.
The University reserves the right to refuse any requests to use its digital fabrication equipment. Users agree to abide by policies and procedures established by University units that provide access to digital fabrication equipment.
Adapted from the 3d printing guidelines of Michigan State University Libraries and Oregon State University Libraries.
Terrapin Works strives to cultivate a safe environment for employees and customers alike. As additive manufacturing is a relatively new space, our safety protocols may change suddenly or without notice. You will always find the most up to date safety information posted on the wall in our locations.
Some examples of safety practices we employ
- All of our locations have a higher ACPH (air changes per hour) rate than other rooms in the building they reside in.
- We do this as a preventative measure to lessen the impact of fumes generated by equipment.
- In locations where power tools are available, eye protection is mandatory & provided.
- We do this to ensure the safety of everyone in the location.
- All of our locations have emergency eye wash stations.
- We do this to ensure proper reactive measures are in place for chemical spills and to ensure the safety of everyone in the location.
- All of our locations have MSDS (Materials Safety Data Sheet) binders.
- We do this to ensure proper proactive and reactive meaures are in place for material handling and to ensure the safety of everyone in the location.
- All of our locations employ access control via the campus swipe card system.
- We do this to ensure customers and other members of our community cannot accidentally injure themselves on equipment or chemicals in our locations.
Terrapin Works has a distinct brand that is meant to promote cross-departmental collaboration and to provide the campus community with a dynamic and unique identity for an unconventional university unit.
Terrapin Works is two words. Never combine Terrapin Works into one word.
Terrapin Works ✅
The Terrapin Works font is DIN Condensed. All headings and other primary content should use this font. DIN Condensed is paired with other official university fonts when used on the web and in print.
The Terrapin Works logo is an entirely custom designed word mark that incorporates the most common shell pattern of a Diamondback Terrapin into the "o" in works. It is distinct & unique from the campus shell identity. When incorporating the Terrapin Works brand into material, every attempt should be made to include the entire word mark, including the stylized "o" in works. In lieu of using the entire word mark, the stylized "o" may occasionally be used on its own, where approval is given by Terrapin Works. The word mark should always include the stylized "o" in works.
Questions & Brand File Requests
Please direct all questions and requests for files regarding the Terrapin Works brand to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the way the "works" text is stylized, we're not able to make files available for download on our website as there are scaling issues that may present when the logo is resized for different mediums. We are happy to provide you the correct size of the logo for use on your materials.