3D Scanning Workshops
About our 3D scanning workshops
Terrapin Works offers 3D scanning workshops in which users can visit our Advanced Fabrication Lab to learn how our 3D scanners operate & the various applications for which they can be used. Check out our Workshop Calendar for the schedule.
3D Scanning Applications
- Reverse engineering - Re-creating parts from physical model or existing part when digital or drafted drawings of the part are not be available.
- Part inspection - Examining a part to determine if there are any places for improvement or redesign.
- Virtual measurement - Measuring an object or part without the need for physical contact with the object.\
- Part to part comparison - Identifying part differences as they compare to others of the same construction.
- Part to model comparison - Observing as manufactured to compare to the original model.
- Quality assessment - Analyzing consistency of a parts during manufacturing processes.
Equipment available during workshops
Keyence VR-3200 - High Speed, High Accuracy 3D Measuring Macroscope