Terrapin Works strives to cultivate a safe environment for employees and customers alike. As additive manufacturing is a relatively new space, our safety protocols may change suddenly or without notice. You will always find the most up to date safety information posted on the wall in our locations.
Some examples of safety practices we employ
- All of our locations have a higher ACPH (air changes per hour) rate than other rooms in the building they reside in.
- We do this as a preventative measure to lessen the impact of fumes generated by equipment.
- In locations where power tools are available, eye protection is mandatory & provided.
- We do this to ensure the safety of everyone in the location.
- All of our locations have emergency eye wash stations.
- We do this to ensure proper reactive measures are in place for chemical spills and to ensure the safety of everyone in the location.
- All of our locations have MSDS (Materials Safety Data Sheet) binders.
- We do this to ensure proper proactive and reactive meaures are in place for material handling and to ensure the safety of everyone in the location.
- All of our locations employ access control via the campus swipe card system.
- We do this to ensure customers and other members of our community cannot accidentally injure themselves on equipment or chemicals in our locations.