3D Scanning Services
You're in the right place if you came here looking to learn more about Terrapin Works' 3D scanning services. We're proud to offer 3D scanning to the campus & surrounding community. You'll work closely with our student technicians to produce a dimensionally accurate and detailed scan of your object. Learn how to get started below.
Looking for pricing? Head over to our pricing page.
1. Sign up for an account on our request system
- Visit this link to sign up (https://jira.umd.edu/servicedesk/customer/user/signup).
- Use your @umd.edu email address if you are affilliated with UMD. This is very important. Other users are encouraged to use a business email address or an email address for the entity they are representing.
- You will not get an email that your account creation was successful. The system will automatically log you in upon success.
2. Visit our request system to submit a request
- Visit this link to submit a request for scanning services (https://jira.umd.edu/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/create/42).
- Make note of any notices or other announcements on the request form.
- You'll need two things (& optionally a third) to open a request.
- First, a description of the object you would like scanned.
- Second, one or more pictures of the object you would like scanned.
- Third, optionally provide a date by which you need the scan file.
3. Collaborate with our team to ensure the best possible results
- We encourage you to follow your request via the my requests section of the system (https://jira.umd.edu/servicedesk/customer/user/requests?status=open). You'll be able to directly cancel and amend your request here.
- No need to worry if you don't want to check the system for updates, we will also communicate with you via email.
4. Let us know how it went!
- Our request system is new territory for Terrapin Works. If it works for scanning requests, you'll likely interact with it more in the future.
- Provide feedback on the new request system here.